How Can I Tell if I Have a Leak?
Here is a simple way to determine if you have water loss:
- Turn off all faucets and water-using appliances
- Locate your water meter and lift the cover to view the meter dial.
- Note the position of the red sweep hand and small blue low flow indicator.
- Don’t use any water. You may see movement immediately if you have a large amount of loss.
- Wait 20 to 30 minutes. Check the position of the red sweep hand and small blue low flow indicator. If it has moved, you may have water loss occurring in your system. Each complete revolution of the red sweep hand equals 7.48 gallons of water use.
- If your meter has a low flow indicator and you notice movement while your water is off, then you likely have water loss.
- If you have noted any increase in your meter reading, it is now time to check for areas of probable water loss.
Once a leak has been fixed and you have verified that there is no movement on the meter, please call Customer Service at 253-631-0565 to see if you qualify for a one-time leak adjustment on your bill.
Should you find water in your meter box, please contact the district by email or call 253-631-0565.