Here's a simple way to determine if you have water loss:
- Turn off all faucets and water using appliances in and around your house.
- Locate the water meter and lift the cover to view the meter.
- Verify the meter number on the lid of the meter to make sure you are looking at the right meter (the meter number will be listed on your billing statement.
- Lift the meter lid to view the meter register
- Locate the small blue wheel (low flow indicator) on the meter. Note the position of the larger pointed end.
- Turn off all the water at the property. You may see movement immediately if you have a large amount of water loss.
- If your don't see the blue wheel moving, continue to focus on it for several minutes to make Sure there is not a small amount of water loss.